Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sitting on your father’s lap

I am being convicted by God for not spending enough time with Him.  Yeah, I go to church and I perform my daily online ministry, but I have stopped spending time with God. So how I am I being convicted? I got thinking about how much my father enjoys when he and I spend time just talking, watching TV, or working on a project together. I also got thinking about how much I enjoy those same times with my children.
Then God spoke to me and said, What about me? The only answer I have for that is: I’m sorry.
Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
I try to be the Spiritual leader of our family and most time do not think about the times that God needs me to sit down with Him.  He wants us to sit on His lap and talk with Him or, most times, we just need to listen to Him.  We all think that we can handle life as it comes at us and we think how we can get this or take care of that. But how often do we think that we need to just stop and visit with God? Now I am not talking about going to church on Sunday’s and Sunday School, but actually inviting God to be a part of our everyday lives.  Part of Him being in our everyday lives is sitting down with Him on a regular basis, because He needs to a member of your family. Read your Bible, pray, and just listen for God to speak to you.
Romans 10:14-17 But how can people call for help if they don’t know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven’t heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them? And how is anyone going to tell them, unless someone is sent to do it? That’s why Scripture exclaims,

A sight to take your breath away!
Grand processions of people
    telling all the good things of God!

But not everybody is ready for this, ready to see and hear and act. Isaiah asked what we all ask at one time or another: “Does anyone care, God? Is anyone listening and believing a word of it?” The point is: Before you trust, you have to listen. But unless Christ’s Word is preached, there’s nothing to listen to.

So I encourage you this week go sit on your Father’s lap and talk to Him, or better yet, let Him to talk to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment