Monday, January 30, 2012

Worshipping God...

I have not posted anything in over 2 weeks and I have been trying to figure out what God wants me to write about.  I had many thoughts that I wanted to write about, but each time I sat down to write, I got either frustrated or just could not think straight.  So I sit patiently and wait on the Lord. 

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 37:7


I thought about writing about the differences between religion and one that follows Jesus.  Or the difference between someone who calls themselves a Christian, but does not act like they are truly trying to be like Jesus.  But I am not in the mood to debate that in my mind.  So here I am just banging out words trying to make sense of my walk with the Lord.  It seems like He maybe carrying me at this point or I am just sitting still.

I think about why, but I don't really know why.  One thing I do know for sure is, God is still in control of my life, so He must be trying to teach me something.  Maybe I need to just sit still and visit with the Lord, as my life moves at a rapid pace most days.  Maybe it's just like in: 

1 Samuel 14:36... But the priest slowed them down: "Let's find out what God thinks about this."


So I am trying to slow down and pray through this.  I thought that I may be drifting away from God, or maybe Satan is trying to pry his way into my life.  I have missed church for 2 weeks in a row and I am being more sporadic about reading my Bible.  So maybe God is telling me to get back to Him.

So I guess instead of lamenting of my struggles, I should just get back to God.  Just like I would want my children to come home to me, whenever they are in need or out of touch.  It always feels good when I get a phone call out of the blue by a family member to cheer me up. 


Well enough of this rambling, I feel the need to get on my knees so I can get up and walk again.

Psalm 95:6 So come, let us worship: bow before him, on your knees before God, who made us! Oh yes, he's our God, and we're the people he pastures, the flock he feeds.

So I guess this whole post is about just worshipping God and He will make things right.

No comments:

Post a Comment