Monday, February 6, 2017

Christ's Ambassadors

2 Corinthians 5:20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled with God.

As I get older in life I realize that people identify you as someone. But the question is what is that someone? In the modern world you are normally identified by your work. I have been working in the field of aviation and air traffic control for over 42 years, so you may say I am an air traffic controller and I am an expert in my field. If you want to know anything about Air Traffic Control you know you can come to me and I can get you the answer to your questions.

Someone who devotes all their time to a particular subject, you would say that they are an expert in that subject or at the least you would identify them as that type person. You could go to them and ask them about their work and get answers. I don’t care if you are new in your field, if someone has a question about your field they will ask you about it. Since they do not work in your field, in their eyes you are the expert.

Mark 5:19 Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how He has had mercy on you.”

Who is the expert on Jesus Christ and God? One might say a priest or my pastor. But, what about you and me who are Christ Followers? If you read the Bible, go to church, go to Sunday school or an adult Bible study, you are an expert on God’s word for someone who knows nothing about the Bible or God. But, does everyone that knows you, know that you are a Christ Follower? You could their only lifeline to salvation.

Don’t be shy or embarrassed about being a Christian, embrace it. You may not think you are the expert, but do you trust the Bible as God’s Word? Sure you do, even if you just give lip service to being a Christian.

So if someone comes to you and asks you about God or Jesus, tell them what you know. You don’t have to spout scripture from memory, pull out you smartphone and look up the scripture. Tell them what God has done for you. Your job is not to save them from their sins, that’s Gods role. Ours is to spread the message by telling others what He has done for us. Don’t let those opportunities pass by. Be an ambassador for God, be a disciple for Christ, but mostly live for Christ and He will show you how to become an expert.


Ephesians 6:20 for I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment