Thursday, September 1, 2016

Tip of the Arrow

“Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” I said, “Here I am. Send me.”” Isaiah 6:8

Over the past year I had 3 distinct visions, in which all of these occurred while in church.  The first vision was that of a mist flowing through the entire sanctuary weaving in and around the rows of chairs. The second vision was a piece of metal, like a double edged knife, being sharpened. I kept hearing sharped the blade, sharpen the blade, over and over again. Keep sharpening the blade for I have great work for you. 

The third vision was that of the tip of an arrow flying through the air chasing a dot of light. I prayed that God would reveal what this meant and tried to focus on the light, which kept moving from side to side, but the tip of the arrow kept going toward it. I interpreted this to mean the tip of an arrow flying through the dark chasing the light of Jesus Christ.

Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success.

I always share these type events with my pastor and told him that I think God is getting ready to do something with our church and we will be out front. Although I share these with my pastor, I normally keep them to myself until I have had time to pray about them and read scripture.

I cannot tell you how these visions have affected me and seem so real. I am excited to see what God is going to do through our little church or me if the vision is just for me. 

Proverbs 27:7 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. 

I will continue to sharpen my blade and wait to see when God launches His arrow into the spiritual warfare. Which I do not think will be too long.

Please pray for me and our little church. We both may be little but we have a BIG GOD!

Ephesians 2:10 He creates each of us by Christ Jesus to join him in the work he does, the good work he has gotten ready for us to do, work we had better be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment