Friday, September 4, 2015

Yes or No

Black and White

Do you live in a black and white world? Do you believe that it is one way or another and that there is no gray in the middle?

Christians believe that there is only one God and only one way to God. Believing in one God is monotheism.

Deuteronomy 4:35 - You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.

What do you believe? Are you a monotheist or a polytheist? A polytheist believes in or worship of multiple deities, called gods and/or goddesses. Or are you an atheist? This is the absence of belief in the existence of God.

Do you believe that the Bible is the word of God or just another book written by a man? "Everyone knows the Bible was written by men! The book of 1 Corinthians, for example, was written by a man named Paul. After all, the very first verse bears his name as the author." In reply to this I answer: "Yes, the Bible was written by man.” It is a biography of God. A biography of someone is an account of their life, written by someone else.

1 Corinthians chapter 14, verse 37: “If anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him acknowledge that what I am writing to you is the Lord's command.” 

Paul knew the source of his writings and understood that he was like a pen in the hand of Almighty God. We must not view the Bible as the word of Paul, Peter, or Jeremiah, but rather, as the message God revealed through these men.

Jeremiah 1:9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, "Now, I have put my words in your mouth.

If you do not believe in God, my question then is: Why? I assume that everyone has heard of Jesus, God, and the Bible. I do not assume everyone reads or has read the Bible. However, if you read the Bible then you will understand. If you still believe that there can be no God or that religious belief cannot have any place in the life of modern, rational man. Then read The Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel. Or read anything and everything you can about Jesus the Christ or God, then compare it to the Bible.

But until you read and study the Bible, I cannot accept your opinion that there is no God. I can flat out guarantee that if you read the Bible objectively or not, you will be touched by the hand of God and He will change your mind, but mostly He WILL change your heart.

The first question that I asked was, do you believe in a black and white world. I also ask this, do you believe in Heaven and Hell? Are you willing to take a chance with your soul that there is not?

Joshua 24:15 - But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."

My brother Tim has asked this question for years:

Two decisions. One choice. Where will you spend eternity? The countdown to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment