Sunday, March 18, 2012

Let go -

As I continue my reading of the Bible, The Message translation, I found this in the introduction to the Prophets:

Everyone more or less believes in God. But most of us do our best to keep God in the margins if our lives or, failing that, refashion God to suit our convenience. But God is the sovereign center, not off in the wings awaiting our beck and call. We must deal with God as He reveals Himself, not as we imagine Him to be!

This just blew me away! I mean this so pinpoints how most of us feel, is it not?

So how do we deal with God or more importantly how do we LET God deal with us? Well we have heard that we should "Let go and Let God".

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Really? How many of us actually do this “without” trying to fix the situation ourselves? Let go of my career, let go of my home? Come on, I need to be in control of things.  What happens when you can't fix it? Then you pray?  Is this trying to keep God in the wings and use Him at our beck and call?

But He is the center of our sovereign, so we should call on Him first, even for the little things. So how do we do that? We pray and read the Bible.  We begin by sincerely asking the Holy Spirit to order our footsteps as we prepare to read God’s words. I don't know about you, but my mind seems to wonder when I sit down to read my Bible.

If you are out doing things and struggling and do not have time to read your Bible, then take a deep breath. Release it slowly, telling yourself quietly: I let go, I let God fill my need.

Mark 10:27 Jesus was blunt: "No chance at all if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you let God do it."

We need to accept that God’s wisdom is ever present and available.  Let God fill every void, every emptiness that seems to separate you from the desires of your heart. Let go! Let God fill your need.

Even though it may seem during the challenges of life that you are separated from that which has been your greatest comfort or security, remember: God always fills your need. No matter how big the situation is between you and the solution, you can trust God. Tell yourself again and again: I let go. God will fill my need. 

James 4:7-10 So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet.

Let go. Let God fill your need. Let the creative process of God begin now to fill every point in your life that needs the touch of His great love and healing power. God is ready to do what you cannot do by yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment