Friday, March 1, 2013

The Fixer

This past week my grandson Colton told me that I was a good fixer. He said I could fix anything.  I am not sure why he told me that. I have been known to fix a few things around the house and sometimes I feel like I could work for Rick at American Restorations!  I do not know how to fix my automobile and really have no desire at this point to learn how. Working around the house, yes, cars, no! 
But, Colton, I cannot actually fix something like a broken heart, a desponded spirit, depression or one who has been hurt or crushed from life’s circumstances? Oh, I can hold you and tell you everything will be alright, but I cannot fix that broken heart or spirit.
Luke 18: 27 “No chance at all,” Jesus said, “if you think you can pull it off by yourself. Every chance in the world if you trust God to do it.”
It is very flattering of you to think I can fix anything and I would love to do all that for you, but eventually you will see that I am just a human and cannot fix everything. But I do want you to remember that God does fix everything and He specializes in broken hearts and spirits.
Ezekiel 36:26-27 - I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.
Remember, Colton, Pots will always love you and the only way that I can fix your broken heart or broken spirit is to remind you that God loves you even more than I do. You see we are all His children and just like your daddy and mommy He wants what is best for you. God will never give up on you, He will never forget you. All you need to do is let Him into your life and follow His lead.
Colton, God is the best fixer, ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment